8.11.2006

"Help me, Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft to get the fire off me!"

Day 8

I'm pretty excited that I got to try a new place today. I've been to most places down here, because I like to eat and I eat everyday. So, a buddy suggested Anthony's Bar and I jumped at the chance. Usually they don't let my kind of people into such fine restaurants, but because my caucasian friend was vouching for me, they let me eat there. It's similar to California at the turn of the 20th century, where to avoid the harsh penalities of the chinese exclusion laws, fellow yellows had to find fellow caucasians to vouch for them. That's why I like to surround myself with white people. One day, when America goes to war with China, instead of being stuck in the Edward Jones' Dome, my fellow caucasians will be able to vouch for me and I can run amok like a good caveman. Yeah. That's right. I'm a thinker.

Anthony's Bar is an interesting little place on Broadway. It shares a kitchen with Tony's, so I like to think that I'm eating at Tony's for a fraction of the cost. Be warned, if you want to eat here for lunch, you have to get here early. The seating is very limited, maybe at most 30 people. The menu only has a few items and I went with a hamburger. I figure a hamburger is always a pretty good litmus test. If they can't get that right, don't try anything else. When we got in, a made man welcomed us and directed us to a table for two. On the table was a cup of chips. I, thinking that Anthony's would only serve freshmade chips, was a little disappointed to see that they were Lays. I mean, they tasted just like any other Lays chips I've had. They were cold, nothing special. Thankfully the chips weren't a foreshadowing of the burger. I got a cheeseburger and it came with a giant pickle. I like pickles. This one was great. The burger was huge and was cooked to medium, even though I had asked for medium rare. It was fine though, because the burger was nice and juicy. The melted cheddar was a nice touch. Compared to Dooley's, the quality of the meat was better. At least the patty looked like it was formed, instead of frozen burger box that Dooley's uses. Not that I'm complaining. I like frozen burger box too.

Okay. I do have one complaint. I ordered a diet coke to drink and they bring me out one of those old fashioned coke bottles. I hate that crap. Just give me a damn fountain poured soda, so I don't have to worry about my Coke getting watered down, or drinking it too fast before my meal comes. Stupid. I expected him to ask if I wanted a Perrier bottle to go along with it. Silly made man. Well, here are the ratings.

Anthony's Bar ($10.50)

Cheeseburger - 4 1/2 Wangs (if they cooked it right, 5)

Pickle - 5 Wang (it was great. Fresh and crunchy)

Soda - 1 Wang

Lays Chips - 2 Wangs (uh, expected more at such a fine establishment. Quite disappointing)

Overall - 4 Wangs

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snakes on a Plane!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update!

Reece

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML Hit Counter
stats counter