8.07.2006

"Chip, I'm all hopped up on Mountain Dew!!"

Day 3

Well, I tried again today, but no one wanted to go for the Thai food. Probably because it feels like a sauna outside. If you go outside, you feel disgusting because it's like you've taken a nice hot shower in your clothes. Today, Tennifer, Sicki, Mrish, Hdam and I were supposed to be going to STL Bread Co, unoriginal, I know, but on the way there, I almost fainted from the heat, so we stopped at New York, New York deli in the bottom of the new parking garage downtown. This is one of a recent spat of restaurants opening up down here and it's a fairly good addition. You won't leave this place hungry, if you go with a 12" sub.

Today, I ordered a standard, the Reuben, baked wavy cheddar and sour cream lays and a diet Coke. The Reuben came with a small pasta salad and a pickle. The Reuben was surprisingly good. I had it when New York first opened and it was pretty forgettable. This time, however, they loaded up with the corned beef, which wasn't too dry and had the right amount of marbling. There was a hint of sauerkraut, which is the way I like it and some thousand island. They should've put some thousand island on the top piece of bread, but I just put some mayo instead. It worked. Overall, the sandwich was just the right size for me to be full and not want to eat Tennifer's sandwich. Usually I eat her food because instead of eating it, she just tears it into smaller pieces and leaves it on her plate. I think she has an eating disorder. That or she's OCD. But, I was comfortably full and passed on it, much to her surprise. The pickle was pretty good. Crunchy and not too sour. Pasta salad was a joke. I think that a trained monkey could've made a better pasta salad. Fortunately, I was too full from the sandwich to want to eat crappy pasta. When all was said and done, the total bill was $9.00. Service was all right. They bring out the food. But I noticed that the folk who came in after 12 pm had to wait much longer than us for their food.

Ratings:

New York New York Deli

Reuben 4 1/2 Wangs
Pickle 3 Wangs
Pasta Salad has no Wangs

Overall - 4 Wangs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML Hit Counter
stats counter