8.10.2006

"Shake and bake Cal...Shake and bake!!"

Day 7

Due to the pouring rain today, we didn't venture too far from the office for lunch. Kohn, Mcatt, Patie and me decided to dine at Dooley's. Not to all patrons. The burgers here are good. However, if you are ordering a burger, make sure you order it one up from what you normally get. So, if you like your burger medium well, order well done. If you like rare, order medium rare. Failure to follow such advice and ordering a rare burger will end with miserable pain in your bowels similar to getting donkey kicked in the gut. I was fool enough to order a rare burger and sure enough, it came out raw. Cold and mushy in the middle. I was afraid that the burger would either start mooing at me, or give me mad cow. Maybe I have mad cow. And if so, that would excite me because that could only make me a better cave man. Maybe I would see everything as mahogany. Today, I stayed away from the burger and decided to go with the philly cheese steak. If you order this, be prepared to wait because this will take a long time. The philly is huge. It covers the entire plate and comes with some sort of reformed beef slices, swiss cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. I like to top this with some mayo and ketchup to bring some more flavor to the sandwich.

Okay. Aside from the time it takes to get the sandwich, my only gripe with it is that the beef is a little salty. Even with the other condiments on it, they cannot drown out the saltiness of the reformulated beef. But, it's still pretty good and awfully messy. I would recommend excercising caution when eating this thing and pay attention to what you wear, because it will likely get messy. The fries that I ordered along with the sandwich were good. I like Dooley's fries. They're fresh, hot and nicely salted. Closest fry equivalent in the commercial world would be a smaller version of McD's.

Well, here are the ratings:

Dooley's (Price: 10.95 for Salty Beef, Fries and Diet Coke)

Philly Cheese Steak (Salty Beef) - 3 Wangs

Fries - 4 Wang

Overall - 3 1/2 Wangs

Here's a new restaurant for you all to try. It's called Wei Hong on Grand across from Jay's International. It's a good, cheap chinese place that I frequent. If you're by yourself, I would recommend getting the beef fun without gravy. Sound strange? Well, it's actually wide noodles with beef, onions and other vegetables. Very flavorful and the beef is tender with the right amount of chinese spices. That dish only costs $6.95 and is enough to feed even the largest of cavemen (myself).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to say something too negative about a restaurant online for everyone to see, but there was one time that I went to the South Grand Wei Hong and saw a cockroach scrambling across the curry, etc. buns in the glass case. That was pretty much it for me for that place - I've heard other likewise off-putting things about cleanliness there from others, too. I've had much better luck at Wei Hong's U. City/Olive location though, which recently expanded into a huge banquet hall (with a menu to match) in an old theater.

3:27 AM  
Blogger The Fungible Lawyer said...

Unfortunately, that's the sad part about most chinese or asian places. cleanliness is not priority number 1. Like I said, an aquaintance from the chinese buffet industry said to never eat at a buffet in the summertime. yet, we still eat there. i equate it to staring at the sun. you know you shouldn't do it, but we all do it from time to time.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Patie didn't go this day, Tennifer did! How rude.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML Hit Counter
stats counter